It is the policy of Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation Company (BOST) to protect the environment and health and safety of our employees, and others (including visitors, contractors and the public) that may be affected by our operations.
As stated in our policy Statement and in consonance with the Labour Act 2003, Act 651, Factories Offices and Shops Act 1970, Act 328, and Environmental Protection Agency Act 1994, Act 490 everybody has a responsibility to protect the environment, health and safety of themselves and others when carrying our any activity.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance are core values of the company and are managed as an integral part of our business to benefit employees, customers, neighbours and shareholders.
All BOST employees are responsible for assuring that we achieve continuous and measurable improvement.
We shall ensure, as far as is reasonably possible, that these are achieved by:
- Management’s commitment to health, safety and environment
- Conducting business in a manner that protects the public, occupational health, the environment and employee safety
- Striving to eliminate all accidents and environmental, health and safety laws or regulations
- The provision of sufficient instructions, information, training and supervision to all employees.
- The carrying out of comprehensive risk assessment to develop safe systems and procedures.
- Weekly safety meetings and monthly drills at all jobsites.
In view of this, all visitors entering our depots must of a necessity go through the guidelines given below.
- You must always be accompanied by your host
- Smoking is prohibited
- All mobile phones must be switched off
- You are to observe all safety notices and signs
- Safety helmets must be worn
- Any injury must be reported to your host for first aid
- Consumption of food and drink are permitted at designated canteen or within the office block
- Your hos will assist you to know the location of the assembly point, manual call points and how to operate them in the event of a fire.
- The depot is equipped with CCTV cameras
- In the event of any emergency, you should stay calm and follow instructions.