Key Responsibilities on natural gas sector On the basis of above,
- BOST will Plan and Develop the Transmission System to meet National Demand
- Operate Non-Discrimination Open Access Transmission System
- Set up of Codes and Standards for Pipeline Access
- Maintain National Demand-Supply Balance
- Ensure safe, reliable, economic dispatch and operation of NGTU system.
- Ensure compliance with Codes and Standards for pipeline Access.
BOST has added the development of the local natural gas market and the building of infrastructure to facilitate its transmission and distribution.
Currently, BOST has a network of storage and pipeline infrastructure strategically located across the country. These are Accra Plains, Mami-Water, Akosombo, Kumasi, Buipe and Bolgataga Depots.
The total available storage capacities for petroleum products at these facilities are:
|ACCRA PLAINS (APD)||101,250||109,25||210,500
BOST also manages a network of pipelines from Accra to Akosombo and another segment running between Buipe and Bolgatanga. The combined distance of these pipelines cover 370km.